Friday, September 18, 2009

Durango


is like a an oasis of green and bikes after several days of driving in desserts. Wahoo we are here, now excited and nervous! Had a drink in town with the rest of the world and met John, my team mate before heading home for an early night. Lucky as one guy lost his bike last night, got lost going home and then can't remember where he left it! John and I went out with Hilary and Rhonda and some other dudes to ride the course - lets just say they don't call it the Rockies for no reason and that if you like rock gardens you would be in heaven - MY $^&$&$%^& god, what sort of course is this!!!!! Wicked, wicked, wicked - don't think I have ever been on a harder hike a bike course ever. It will be a fun day meeting people tomorrow I think, coupled with the elevation, 6000ft here and prob another 1000ft of climbing tomorrow!!!! I hope I make cut off for the second part of the course, I have not idea how it will go but think Karpoti and Triple Peaks with rocks everywhere and you would be close. But before that we have a party tonight and have to sing with a band, we have to do the Queen song called 'I need your loving' - I have talked John into that one :) Managed to find a black chain hat and a tiara just. Off to party, this place is Bike City and heaps of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment